Karlsruhe | full-time| from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games. We are based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
We develop new games, support our live free-to-play online games, develop our platform, integrate games into that platform and build all supporting systems, including payment and integrated shops.
You supervise a team of highly skilled and motivated developers in a fast-paced and agile development environment. Also, you are responsible for designing and executing system specifications and standards in software development.
Please submit your application in English.
- You provide technical guidance as well as technical development for your team
- You code when necessary and are an excellent example of code structure and maintainability
- You ensure best practices, guidelines and documentation
- You collaborate with internal interfaces to execute project goals
- You participate in hiring new developers in cooperation with other Team Leads and the responsible Technical Director
- You schedule and participate in training to increase developer knowledge and skill set
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in either game development, software development or other game related technical fields
- You have thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle, common gaming technologies and server technologies
- You are an excellent troubleshooter with extensive problem solving skills
- You enjoy working within agile environments
- You know how to promote an effective feedback culture within your team
- You have a flair for communication appropriate for the target group and promote an open exchange within your team
- You delegate responsibilities selectively, with the aim of nurturing your team members’ abilities
Your Gameforge setting
- We support your personal and professional development! Language courses, team building activities, seminars and more
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- Need a break from work? No problem! Play a round of table tennis or pinball in our games room, or take a walk around the leafy technology park
- We put our complete trust in you! Through freedom to choose things like flexible assignment of working hours and personal responsibility for your own work